La Camarilla offers 4 fitness rooms, 2 weight rooms , as well as a group fitness room and an indoor cycling room.
Our certified staff of professionals are eager to show you how to use the equipment in the weight and cardiovascular areas.
They are dedicated to improving the level of health and fitness for both adults and children.
FIRST TIME CLIENTS: Introduction to personal training, 3 sessions $99.00
- 1-11 sessions $37.50 per person per one hour session
- 12-24 sessions $35.00 per person per one hour session
- $40 per session per one-half hour session
Semi-Private: 2 clients
- 1-11 sessions $27.50 per person per one hour session
- 12-24 sessions $25.00 per person per one hour session
Small Group: 3 clients
- 1 – 11 sessions $27.50 per person per one hour session
- 12 – 24 sessions $25.00 per person per one hour session
Small Group: 4 clients+
- 1 – 11 sessions $22.50 per person per one hour session
- 12 – 24 sessions $20.00 per person per one hour session
- Larger groups than 4 people: $20 per person per one hour session
Abay Best was previously with La Camarilla from 2000-2013 and was a key trainer amongst our fitness staff. Prior to training, he enjoyed a great track career earning and breaking many records for his accomplishments. However, due to a knee injury that ended his track career, he felt compelled to learn as much as he could about the sport and help others avoid the injuries.
His training certification from the Aerobics and Fitness Association along with his nursing career in the Army has enabled him to apply his skills for his clients. Abay is full of energy and enthusiasm and he loves his “JOB.” He also enjoys spending time with his wife and two teenage kids.
His philosophy is “work hard and be proud of what you have accomplished – it will be worth it in the end.”
Kathy entered the fitness field over 40 years ago, and has been at La Camarilla for almost 30. Because of her own personal fight with weight, she weighed 145 by age 11 and hit all time high of 210 by age 22, she found helping others commit to nutrition and fitness as a lifestyle very rewarding and lives by the phrase “you teach best what you most need to learn.”
She was instrumental in developing the small group training program at La Camarilla and continues to stay current on all fitness and nutritional trends to share with her clients. She firmly believes that it is important to share a lifestyle of health and fitness with friends by encouraging everyone she meets to make it some part of their daily life.
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her husband Bob, friends and extended family. Some of her favorite activities include movies, dinners, theater, hiking, tennis, and dancing. Together Bob and Kathy have three boys, five grandchiildren and one great-granddaughter – all of which helps staying healthy and fit mandatory! Look forward to every single day!
To connect with Kathy call her at 480-998-3388, or send her an email.
Ginny is a registered dietitian, experienced group fitness instructor and certified personal trainer. She graduated from Northern Illinois University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics, Nutrition and Food Science, with a minor in Chemistry. She completed an internship at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. She is also past president of the Illinois Dietetic Association.
Ginny is very personable and caring about her client’s needs. She can help with just nutritional advice or with the addition of fitness to one’s lifestyle. Here is an example of her wisdom:
Nutrition for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Reduce sugar; no more than 25 grams for women, 37.5 grams for men
- Increase good fats; coconut oil, avocado, olive oil and salmon
- Supplements include Omega 3 such as krill oil and turmeric.
- Gluten also plays a role in brain dysfunction which will heighten chances of Alzheimer’s
To connect with Ginny call her at 480-998-3388, or send her an email.