La Camarilla provides action packed year-round play on 14 championship outdoor tennis courts.
Our certified tennis staff has developed a well-rounded program of lessons, clinics, leagues and social activities for adults and juniors of all ability levels.
La Camarilla is a proud recipient of the Phoenix area USTA award for Facility of the Year!
PRIVATE LESSON RATES
- Private: $75 per one hour lesson
- Semi-private: $40 per hour for each person
- Add $5 per lesson for non-member
- Private: $65 per one hour lesson
- Semi-Private: $35 per hour for each person
- Add $5 per lesson for non-members
To register for tennis activities contact 480-998-3388.
Contact John Waltz, Tennis Director, for more detailed information.
ADULT TENNIS CLINICS
Fall Session starts September 5, 2017
Classes are open to members and non-members. Non-members pay an additional $40 fee per 8 week session.
Drop-in rates available.
- Tuesday 8:00 – 9:00am
- $160 per 8 week session, classes start every 8 weeks.
- Good basic work on all tennis strokes and playing rules.
- Monday 9:00 – 10:30am
- Wednesday 7:30 – 9:00pm
- Thursday 8:30 – 10:00am
- Saturday 9:00 – 10:30am
- $240 per 8 week session, classes start every 8 weeks.
- For 1 1/2 hours, our pro staff will push players through a series of drills. Hitting hundreds of balls, players will be solidifying their strokes and learning how, when and where to apply them. Ideal as an additional step in our teaching program, for those advancing in learning the game, getting back after a layoff, or for a more proficient player wanting consistent instruction.
- Saturday 8:00 – 9:00am
- $160 per 8 week session, classes start every 8 weeks.
- For those who want a high cardio exercise and to work on their tennis strokes. Though limited in instruction, this class provides a high intensity work out along with hitting hundreds of balls. All levels are welcome.
NEW! Sunrise Sunday No Guts, No Glory
- Once a month
- Next date: August 13th 7:00 – 8:00am
- Brunch at OHSO afterwards at Tatum and Shea
- Must call 24 hours in advance to register: 480-998-3388
ADULT TENNIS LEAGUES
- Doubles Wednesday 9:00am
- Doubles Friday 9:00am
- All abilities, Individual signup
- Doubles Tuesday 7:00pm
- Singles Wednesday 7:00pm
- Ability Leveled, Individual Signup
- Thursday 7:00pm
- See John for details.
- Up to 4 mornings per week.
- See John if interested.
Interclub Team Program
Friendly competition against area clubs. See John for placement and enrollment.
- Open Level 5.0 and up, Fridays 9:00am
- A – 1,2,3,4 Levels 4.0 and up, Thursdays 9:00am
- B – 1,2,3 Levels 3.5 – 4.0, Tuesdays 9:00am
- C- 1,2,3 Levels 2.5 – 3.5, Wednesdays 9:00am
Level 4.0 and up, Saturdays and Sundays 9:00am
Meet Our Pros
We are excited about adding a new pro soon!!
Our new GM and Tennis Director is so happy to be here and start a new chapter in La Camarilla tennis. He is a former Tennis Collegiate All American and was inducted in both his High School and College Athletic Halls of Fame, where he was a 3-sport letterman in Tennis, Basketball and Football.
He’s trained hundreds of players, starting from Quick Start, to Nationally Ranked Juniors, Davis Cup participants and Professionals. He helped develop 3 Gold Ball USTA Junior Winners in 2016 plus sent many to major colleges on scholarships.
John developed many adult men’s and women’s teams to participate in their national and local team tournaments. He created and developed one of the top 5 Jr Academies in the country. His former club is an Adidas National Training Center and USTA Regional Jr Training Center. Developed and Directed the only series of USTA Jr. Doubles Specific Tournaments in the Mo. Valley Section.
John is a consultant to numerous tennis, country clubs and sports organizations for tennis programming and activities. He also is a Founder and Director of a not-for-profit charitable organization, Missouri Valley Junior Excellence Program, which solicits donations to provide financial help to players in need. Was teaching and coaching the children of the players that he coached as juniors
He is a very high energy coach and wants to develop the love for the game, and the right technique and game for each player.
Jenn was born and raised in Overland Park, KS. She was a top ranked junior player, competed in many junior national tournaments, was two time state runner-up in doubles and achieved a national ranking of #96.
That led to a Division 1 scholarship at Southern Illinois University. At SIU she was a two-time Missouri Valley Conference (MVC) individual doubles champion. During her senior year, 2013, they were ranked #59 on the NCAA national team ranking. She also was an ITA All-Academic team in 2010, 2011 & 2012. She placed 2nd with her team at the MVC conference tournament.
Since graduating, she has worked and coached for Kansas City United Tennis, Overland Park which is an Adidas National Training Center and a USTA Regional Jr Training Center. She developed and directed the Quick Start program for beginner players. She also was a coach in their high performance programs.
She comes with a lot of energy, smiles, craziness, and enjoyment for all players. She wants them to love the game of tennis as much as she does! Her main goal is to get all players to love the game of tennis and to come off the court with a huge smile!
Meet Our Non Stop Tennis Pros
Goals for Non Stop Tennis:
- Have 30 players in the top 100 in the world professionally out of one program.
- Be the best place to train anywhere in the world.
- Not only be great coaches, but be great people and surround everyone with great people!
Adam has been in the Valley for several years coaching professional players. Tennis has always been his full passion, and he knew right away he was either going to coach or play - it was always tennis. He tried to play professional tennis from ages 16-20 years old, realized he wasn’t going to make it on the professional circuit and started coaching at age 20. He wanted to be ahead of the game and gave himself enough time to try and become the best coach in the world. To this day every day he’s trying to be the best coach in the world.
Adam developed NONSTOP TENNIS because he didn’t see a lot of junior players training like pro players. Created to be unique in that every player will train just like the Pros do on each court. The same drills, movement, ball striking and strategy. The only way to truly see how they operate is to come out and train. You’ll quickly understand that each coach and player are having fun with the purpose of making each player the best they can be.
Adam and his partner on the court Jared Jacobs will be working as a team with John Waltz, our Tennis Director and GM with the La Camarilla Junior Tennis Academy. Our juniors will see firsthand what it takes to get to the top level.
We will now have the exciting and unique ability to have a junior start in tiny tots and go all the way to the pros. Or a junior can develop as a player as far as they want to go and that is perfectly fine too – they will help each junior reach their goals. The adults at La Camarilla will have a chance to hit with the pros on special event days and get the tennis pro experience too!
Adam has been the coach of professional players Victoria Azarenka, Christina McHale and Melanie Oudin.
Jared is a University of Pennsylvania graduate and 3 time member of the U.S. National Mens Tennis Team. He has coached top level college and touring pros including hall of famer Natasha Zvereva. He obtained a masters degree in sport psychology from Penn and then went on to become a board certified clinical and medical support hypnotherapist. He focuses on sport performance enhancement through the development of good mental habits.
Bethanie Mattek-Sands is currently ranked #1 in the world in doubles as of January 7, 2017 on WTA! She has had a career high ranking of #30 in the world in singles on WTA. Was the Olympic Gold Medalist 2016 in Mixed Doubles for USA teaming with Jack Sock. She was the Australian Open Mixed Doubles Champion 2012, the Australian Open Women’s Doubles Champion 2015, the French Open Women’s Doubles Champion 2015, the French Open Mixed Doubles Champion 2015, and the US Open Women’s Doubles Champion 2016.